POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Some toy horses running [MPG1, 1.16MB] - ttho-hoss.mpg (1/1) : Re: Some toy horses running [MPG1, 1.16MB] - ttho-hoss.mpg (1/1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:39:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some toy horses running [MPG1, 1.16MB] - ttho-hoss.mpg (1/1)
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 15 Jul 2003 14:21:28
Message: <otf8hv4tbnrdjlhflp9gu1o9541b9rim7q@4ax.com>
Also sprach "Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> -- Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:05:19
EDT:

>Ok! I think this is a very funny and interesting animation.

Thanks.

> If you like you
>might consider doing some modelling together with us at www.imp.org
>(Internet Movie Project). We are a group of people working together on
>animations entirely done with POV-Ray. Except for the encoding of mpeg and
>avi files, because POV-Ray is incapable of doing such a thing.... ;)
>
>We (IMP) are completely non-profit and open.
>
>IMP works, especially with animations that would take waaaayyy to long to
>complete using a render-farm like ours! Render-farm = a bunch of computers
>all over the world rendering together on an animation.

I've been running my own renderfarm for 5 years now. :)
http://www.buckosoft.com/bsac/

(Apologies for the slow web site, it's on a 64Kb sub-T1.  Cable modems
finally arrived this month.  I started shaking until i read Comcast's TOS.
--PASS--  Hopefully SBC/SNET will give us rich people who live more than
2 miles from a CO some DSL soon; although my only hope was that one of the
important doctors who live near me would complain and get us a DSL repeater
nearby, but that hope was dashed because they may be happy with Comcast.)